Website Update/Suggestions

Find our new products here.

Moderators: PyroZuki, Dave, ToyotaKid

Kevin

Website Update/Suggestions

Post by Kevin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Kevin, I'm a forum admin, and the system's administrator responsible for all the changes recently made to the forums that some of you may have noticed. Including the unavoidable downtime's :oops:! As more features/updates are applied, we encourage our users to share any of their idea's on what they'd like to see available here. As changes are made, I'll be updating this post... so keep checking back!

Our goal is to grow a large community where our friends and loyal customers can share their experiences, and have fun while at it!

Food for thought; Any features/changes suggested by our user's won't go un-noticed. I don't have details yet, but i'm working with Dave to provide discounts and/or gifts for those whose suggestions get used! I'll keep you posted.

Please keep discussions in this thread related only to the site.

Updates:
*Forum upgraded/secured. jan-feb
*Registration process is much faster and secure to help illiminate spam/fake bot registrations. jan-feb
*Added alot more smilies! (looking for custom 4wd/truck smilies) 2/7
*Added YouTube embedded video. Special Thanks to RCKYOTA for this idea! 2/8
*Added Google embedded video. 2/8
*Added StreetFire embedded video. 2/8
*Added Customized theme! Special Thanks to MikeC for the idea and help! *Received payback for help.
*Fixed users not having the ability to view other's profiles. Thanks for catching this Splasher! 2/15
*Added mod to include message body of subscribed topics/private message in email notifications. 2/19
*Added Quick Reply to all threads! 2/19
*Added a Shoutbox on the frontpage! 2/19
*Fixed browser title to say business name instead of "index page" 2/20
*Forum Updated to 3.0.7. 3/1
*Forum updated to 3.0.7 PL1 3/3
*Added phone/site description to logo. Thanks MT4Runner for the idea/initial graphic! 3/9
*Changed font to match logo by request. Thanks MikeC! 3/10
*Continued support, testing, finding, and notifying of errors in the forum and the store. Thanks to Dez, Splasher, and MikeC! jan-april
*Added image popup mod, fixing image sizing problems. 3/28
*Added mod to mChat to relay new topic under user's name who created it. 4/5
*Fixed external links to open in a new window. 4/5
*Applied fix for mChat to show all smilies. 4/6
*Fixed editing of posts with external link showing code. 4/6
*Added "Contact Us" link to header. 4/6

Happy wheeling! :drink:

hotwheels

Re: Website Update/Suggestions

Post by hotwheels » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:47 am

I know that dave like to use the web more that get calls for orders. Why dont you make a some kind of online ordering like marlin or front range offroad. That way the phone does not ring off the hook at his place. Just my 2 cents

Rob
ELITE ***

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:54 am

hotwheels wrote:I know that dave like to use the web more that get calls for orders. Why dont you make a some kind of online ordering like marlin or front range offroad. That way the phone does not ring off the hook at his place. Just my 2 cents

Rob

You hit the nail right on the head, thanks Rob; We haven't officially anounced it yet, so why not now! An eCommerce solution has already been chosen and installed, including a 256bit SSL encryption for secure transactions. Right now, it's in the very early stages. Alot of work has to be done. Adding categories, products, images, and changing the theme/logo's.

In fact, all the changes/updates so far were made in preperation for this :P

We're also discussing making the online store the frontpage, with links to the forums. I think everyone will get a kick out of the store once it's ready for testing. It's feature intensive.

splasher

Post by splasher » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Kevin wrote: We're also discussing making the online store the frontpage, with links to the forums. I think everyone will get a kick out of the store once it's ready for testing. It's feature intensive.
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with, it's gonna be very cool to see Dave'Z becoming a bigger player in the industry.
Formula 4 on the back burner.....was supposed to debut @ KOH 2010.....but ***, I belong to the ELITE at least!!!

RCKYOTA

Post by RCKYOTA » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Any chance of making embedded videos and option? So they can be viewed right on the page ?
84 x cab,37s,locked, duals . Standard yota stuff

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:04 pm

RCKYOTA wrote:Any chance of making embedded videos and option? So they can be viewed right on the page ?
Sweet idea; done! Everyone now has a "youtube" button on the postings. You just post the URL to the video within the tags, and it works!

Enjoy! I'll add this to the features list and give you the credit!

*UPDATE*
I've also added embedded functionality for Google Video and StreetFire! If i'm missing one, let me know!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Chic ... _29669.htm[/streetfire]

RCKYOTA

Post by RCKYOTA » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:14 am

awsome you rock

MikeC

Post by MikeC » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 am

Make the forum skin match the main page :mrgreen:

I've looked at skinning a PHP board before, and from what I remember its not as easy as Vbulletin or Invisionboard. But Daves site is pretty basic, so it shouldn't be to bad. Make the background gray, keep the fields white. And a blue boarder around it.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:26 am

MikeC wrote:Make the forum skin match the main page :mrgreen:

I've looked at skinning a PHP board before, and from what I remember its not as easy as Vbulletin or Invisionboard. But Daves site is pretty basic, so it shouldn't be to bad. Make the background gray, keep the fields white. And a blue boarder around it.

I can visualize that looking pretty cool. I'll talk it over with dave, and start working on it. Thanks.

MikeC

Post by MikeC » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 pm

Looks great Kevin :dance:

RCKYOTA

Post by RCKYOTA » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:59 am

soooo what did i win haha? maybe for my prize Dave will finish my truck so i can go WHEEELLLLIIIN :yahoo:

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:16 am

MikeC wrote:Looks great Kevin :dance:
Thanks for all your help! Adding the theme changes with recognition to the first post.

splasher

Post by splasher » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 pm

We can no longer click on a member's name to view their profile or search their posts???

*oh and in your first post eliminate is spelled with an "e" not an "i" :angel: carry on.....
Last edited by splasher on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:10 pm

splasher wrote:We can no longer click on a member's name to view their profile or search their posts???

*oh and in your first post eliminate is spelled with an "e" NOT an "i" :angel: carry on.....
Fixed, all registered users can now click on members to view their profile.

It's also not spelled with two "ll"'s. It was making us ill with all the spam registrations, everyone else caught that the miss-spell was intentional. :rofl:

Want me to fix "non" for you? :shades:

RCKYOTA

Post by RCKYOTA » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:28 am

Lol this guy is funny