Website Update/Suggestions

Find our new products here.

Moderators: PyroZuki, Dave, ToyotaKid

splasher

Re: Website Update/Suggestions

Post by splasher » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:27 am

And should "we" as the Dave'Z community have a time limit on classified postings? Maybe once an ad is 6 months to a year old it should either be updated to bring current or erased?
Formula 4 on the back burner.....was supposed to debut @ KOH 2010.....but ***, I belong to the ELITE at least!!!

splasher

Post by splasher » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:36 am

Also, can we maybe get a text preview of the threads? When the cursor is hovering over a subject, it brings up a preview of the thread???

And maybe a trip reports thread/section where users can dump their trip photos instead of posting a new thread for every trip's photos?
Formula 4 on the back burner.....was supposed to debut @ KOH 2010.....but ***, I belong to the ELITE at least!!!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:32 pm

splasher wrote:Don't know if this is the right place. But maybe look into splitting the used/new/service sections of Dave'Z sales. Maybe a different shop# dedicated to only sales or something. Try to cut down on the phone time.....we all like BS'ing on the phone, but it's gotta get tedious.....
After the store is up, this may be something to consider... but a good idea.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:35 pm

splasher wrote:I think maybe there needs to be a products suggestion section on the page too. I was thinking a shave/plate/truss kit for the Toy axles might be something simple to offer for those who can't pony up for a *bling* aftermarket housing. A DIY type kit that somebody with access to a peanut grinder and a welder could install in their garage.

Nice; I can see that benefiting everyone. I'll definetely talk to Dave about adding another forum Topic section for people to create threads on what they would like to see the company offer.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:36 pm

splasher wrote:And should "we" as the Dave'Z community have a time limit on classified postings? Maybe once an ad is 6 months to a year old it should either be updated to bring current or erased?
Yes, but we'd rely on the community to handle updating/closing classifieds. We should also have a seperate section specifically for these type of threads.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:40 pm

splasher wrote:Also, can we maybe get a text preview of the threads? When the cursor is hovering over a subject, it brings up a preview of the thread???

And maybe a trip reports thread/section where users can dump their trip photos instead of posting a new thread for every trip's photos?
Regarding text preview of threads, that's what the topic is for. A mouse over that would give a preview of the thread contents wouldn't work well for threads with more than a couple of posts that the vast majority have.

I plan on re-doing the entire forum topic layout's to include alot more area's to discuss in along with idea's such as these; however, all image/video's will need to be hosted on 3rd party websites moving forward and linked here using the "IMG" forum bbcode.

Again, unless it's something HUGE like the mini chat and/or the video embedding... we won't be spending alot of time "tweaking" the forums as they are doing great with the latest improvements. This allows us to focus on the store which is a much higher priority.

hotwheels

Post by hotwheels » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Kevin, can you fix the time and date so it is correct. I can post on friday night and it says Saturday morning?

Rob
ELITE ***

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Check the timezone setting in your control panel.

RCKYOTA

Post by RCKYOTA » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:39 am

can you add and "UNDO" option for post.
84 x cab,37s,locked, duals . Standard yota stuff

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:46 am

RCKYOTA wrote:can you add and "UNDO" option for post.
Example?

RCKYOTA

Post by RCKYOTA » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Microsoft word. You paste a buncha crap that you didn't want to yet instead of have to highlight and delete or whatever you are doing you simple hit undo and it disapears. And you would need a redo option as well if you hit it to many times

LandCrawler

Post by LandCrawler » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:20 am

CTRL+Z is the command to UNDO and can be used anywhere inside Windows, including while posting a thread.

I cant remember the command to REDO, but it exists somewhere.
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 -
open diffs :(
33" MT's :)
not much else :(

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 am

Flexed4Runner wrote:CTRL+Z is the command to UNDO and can be used anywhere inside Windows, including while posting a thread.

I cant remember the command to REDO, but it exists somewhere.
Exactly, and its the same command to redo as Windows only caches the last change. More requires a word editor.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:44 pm

New release for phpBB was released today, and updated. There was a small bug with smilies, but I got it all squared away. If anyone notices anything else out of the ordinary, please let us know here.

RCKYOTA

Post by RCKYOTA » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:39 am

nm then