Website Update/Suggestions

Find our new products here.

Moderators: PyroZuki, Dave, ToyotaKid

MT4Runner
Elite Member

Re: Website Update/Suggestions

Post by MT4Runner » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Kevin, the website looks great!!!!
I tried to do some of that stuff (smilies) for Dave a few years ago, but I'm not as smart as you are!!!

A few suggestions:
Add Davez phone number to the Bogger forum banner--it would make things easier for people to order...I know I was always searching for his number to call/order before I had him on speed dial!

I would love to draw up some custom Toyota/truck/4Runner smilies...what is the max pixel size you'd want to see? It looks like most are ~24 pixels tall or less...what would you want for max width? PM me your email address, and I'll start sending some. I'd love to see the Pirate4x4.com :flipoff2: and :beer: smilies added! :lol:

Again--things look absolutly awesome---great job!!!
Shawn
87 4Runner D44/5.38/Lockrite/Alloy/Long300M 14sf/5.38/Welded 4.7/dual 37MTR

Formula Toyota 86 - stuff from Marlin, lotsa stuff from Davez, stuff from Longfield, junkyard elockers, and the frame, motor, tranny, and t-cases were free!

J-Rod

Post by J-Rod » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:46 pm

I still enjoy typing out :flipoff2: :yahoo:
<---------------Thread Necromancer----------------->

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:46 pm

MT4Runner wrote:Kevin, the website looks great!!!!
I tried to do some of that stuff (smilies) for Dave a few years ago, but I'm not as smart as you are!!!

A few suggestions:
Add Davez phone number to the Bogger forum banner--it would make things easier for people to order...I know I was always searching for his number to call/order before I had him on speed dial!

I would love to draw up some custom Toyota/truck/4Runner smilies...what is the max pixel size you'd want to see? It looks like most are ~24 pixels tall or less...what would you want for max width? PM me your email address, and I'll start sending some. I'd love to see the Pirate4x4.com :flipoff2: and :beer: smilies added! :lol:

Again--things look absolutly awesome---great job!!!
Shawn
Thanks dude :good:

Dave asked me to put the number up on the forum header, just haven't done it yet... but definetely a must until the store is up. The size of all the smilies recently added is what we'll be using; not sure the exactly dimensions off hand. I'm slowly replacing all of them to match the same style and be animated... i'm close :D

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:48 pm

J-Rod wrote:I still enjoy typing out :flipoff2: :yahoo:
I would have added some like that, but this forum is a business so I have to keep it somewhat professional. If it was the type of environment like pirate4x4 whose main purpose is advertisements and discussion, i'd definetely add them.

Sorry, don't see those being added anytime soon here.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Added recognition for MT4Runner; awesome idea and initial design to add site description and phone number to the forum logo!!!

Also, thanks for MikeC for changing the font to match the logo..

Awesome teamwork guys.

MT4Runner
Elite Member

Post by MT4Runner » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Dave has always treated me right--it's the least I could do!! :steer:
87 4Runner D44/5.38/Lockrite/Alloy/Long300M 14sf/5.38/Welded 4.7/dual 37MTR

Formula Toyota 86 - stuff from Marlin, lotsa stuff from Davez, stuff from Longfield, junkyard elockers, and the frame, motor, tranny, and t-cases were free!

LandCrawler

Post by LandCrawler » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Alot of do-it-yourself'rs might find it helpful if there were a Fabrication category on the site. Where we could find things like bushings, brackets, tabs & more.

I know it would help me with my wishlist :)
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 -
open diffs :(
33" MT's :)
not much else :(

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Photo bucket sucks!!! Davez Off Road Toyota parts

MikeC

Post by MikeC » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 pm

I noticed that images posted using BBcode get cut off depending on the browser size used. On my cell phone I can't see full pictures because of this. And on my desktop, a picture I just posted a larger image and the right side was cut off. It is larger then I normally post. Is there a way to make posts with larger images, scale to the right like on Vbulletin and Invisionboard?

LandCrawler

Post by LandCrawler » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks Dave, but I meant for the new site... i didn't see anything for fab parts on it.
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 -
open diffs :(
33" MT's :)
not much else :(

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:06 am

oh, ok
Photo bucket sucks!!! Davez Off Road Toyota parts

MikeC

Post by MikeC » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:40 am

image cutoff...

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:45 am

Flexed4Runner wrote:Alot of do-it-yourself'rs might find it helpful if there were a Fabrication category on the site. Where we could find things like bushings, brackets, tabs & more.

I know it would help me with my wishlist :)
I'm still sorting out the details of the store, but we will have something like that. For now, i'm adding "parts" sub-categories. For an example, go to steering > parts.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:46 am

MikeC wrote:I noticed that images posted using BBcode get cut off depending on the browser size used. On my cell phone I can't see full pictures because of this. And on my desktop, a picture I just posted a larger image and the right side was cut off. It is larger then I normally post. Is there a way to make posts with larger images, scale to the right like on Vbulletin and Invisionboard?
I can replicate the problem in both environments; i'm looking into it.

Thanks.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:41 am

Special thanks to MikeC, Splasher, Dez, MT4Runner, and RCKYOTA for all your help during the last few months of upgrades, changes, and additions to the site.

As promised for helping out, PM me your next order and I will provide a very decent discount or 1 year elite membership... personally paid for out of my pocket.

Thanks again; it was very helpful!